Management of fluids, additives, lubricants, cuttings, and wastewater from drilling and completion activities requires specific testing programs designed to support re-use, permitted discharge, and off-site disposal of wastes in approved facilities.
Zalco offers analytical testing services to meet discharge permit, land application, and/or waste disposal facility criteria for 40 CFR and CA Titles 22 and 27, including:
- Organic / inorganic analysis of solid and liquid materials
- Petroleum constituents (diesel and gasoline range organics, free-phase liquids, TRPH)
- Dissolved gases (methane, ethane, ethylene, propane, propene, iso-butane, n-butane)
- Water quality indicators: pH, conductivity, DO, BOD, COD and anions: fluoride, bromide, chloride, sulfide, nitrate, nitrite, total/orthophosphates
- Waste characterization parameters: TCLP organics and metals, ignitability, corrosivity, reactivity, ammonia-nitrogen, paint filter, oil & grease, total solids, TDS, TSS, TVS, TOC and TOX.
California State Water Resources Control Board: http://waterboards.ca.gov/water_issues/programs/land_disposal/waste_class.shtml